Compliance with global anti-money laundering (AML) standards continues to be a key issue for the industry. Increased regulatory focus and the implementation of aggressive international sanctions makes AML compliance even more important for firms that establish structures which are subject to local AML legislation in the jurisdictions where they are domiciled.
The Maples Group has unrivalled experience, having supported some of the world's largest financial institutions with the maintenance or delegation of AML and counter-terrorist financing procedures. We offer a risk based, cost effective solution that can be tailored to individual requirements and includes:
- Developing and assessing AML and risk management systems;
- Providing a qualified, named AML professional to act as money laundering reporting officer (MLRO), deputy MLRO or AML compliance officer;
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process;
- Acting as an ongoing liaison with local regulators, competent ities or other regulatory or investigative agencies;
- Delivering AML training; and
- Providing an annual AML inspection that is designed to test and evaluate an internal AML programme and related controls.
The Maples Group also provides the following legal services with regard to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance:
- Advising on the maintenance or delegation of Anti-money Laundering (AML) / Counter-terrorism Financing (CTF) procedures
- Development and assessment of AML / CTF and risk management systems
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting and reliance on relevant third party obligations
- Conduct of mock regulatory and AML / CTF inspections
- Provision of advanced AML / CTF training for compliance and reporting officers
- Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and customer due diligence best practices
- KYC information verification and screening services
- Management of fraud and forensic inquiries and investigations
- Conduct of money laundering and fraud proceedings
- Provision of expert evidence on AML / CTF and regulatory obligations under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish and Luxembourg law
Maples Compliance Services (Cayman) Limited, part of the Maples Group, has been recognised by the Cayman Islands Monetary ity as a suitably qualified AML auditor. We can provide AML audit services to SIBL Excluded Persons where we do not already provide AML officer appointments. As part of the AML audit, we will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the entity’s AML / CTF systems and procedures and prepare a written report outlining the results of our assessment.
LocationsAbu Dhabi | Bermuda | Boston | British Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Delaware | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Jersey | London | Luxembourg | Montreal | Netherlands | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, was pleased to advise a buyer consortium, comprising Mr. Jinbo Yao (founder of 58.com Inc.), General Atlantic Service Company, L.P., Warburg Pincus Asia LLC and Ocean Link Asia Limited, on the take-private of 58.com Inc., a Cayman Islands company previously listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
14 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce that it has been recognised once again at the IFLR Middle East Awards. The awards, which took place virtually this year, acknowledged the most influential corporate finance deals over the past 12 months.
14 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, named the "Best Offshore Law Firm" at the Private Equity Wire US Awards 2020.
12 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, was honoured to have been recognised at the annual Asia Legal Awards and the long-running ALB China Law Awards last month, winning a combined six awards and sweeping the offshore category at both events. This is the firm's third and seventh consecutive year winning "Offshore Law Firm of the Year" at the Asia Legal Awards and ALB China Law Awards respectively.
09 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, advised Delta Air Lines and its indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary, SkyMiles IP Ltd., on the Cayman Islands legal aspects of both its recent US$3 billion term loan facility and its US$6 billion offering of senior secured notes.
01 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group’s law firm, was pleased to advise the 10.5% noteholder of the Seven Energy Group in relation to the 2019 Seven Energy debt restructuring. A complex and noteworthy matter, the transaction received recognition at the IFLR Sub-Saharan Africa Awards, winning Restructuring Deal of the Year 2020.
14 Sep 2020Read more